RECOMMENDED FOR: BEGINNERS – INTERMEDIATE RIDERS
After beginning our ride at “Hacienda del Chalán”, we cross the Vilcanota river over a traditional suspended bridge. The next part of the path goes along the side of the river crossing through an area of native forest where it is possible to see one of the biggest Inka cementeries along the side of the path. We pass through the heart of the village of Yanahuara, cross through many cornfields, and ride until we reach the other part of the river and once again cross the suspended bridge of Paucarbamba and return to Hacienda del Chalán.
PRICE: 60 US$ PER PERSON
If this is your first time going to the Andes or high mountains we recommend getting information about ALTITUDE SICKNESS, see below for some websites recommended by high mountain doctors and scientists from over the world.
DATE: Monday – Saturday (all year)
Students / Volunteers: $5 USD discount only with valid student card / certification
Organized Groups: We offer private tours and departure at any time
Group size: 1 – 10 participants
- Professional English speaker tour guide / experienced rider.
- Well-groomed Peruvian Paso Horse.
- Private transfer to the ranch/round trip. (We can organize this for an additional fee)
- Tips for guide and camp staff.
WHAT WE ADVISE TO BRING/CARRY
- Rain jacket or poncho (December – April).
- Sweater and jacket (something warm if necessary).
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun.
- Sun block (sun protection cream).
- Camera, plenty of film and spare batteries.
We’re sorry, but our horses are not for rent.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This site is operated by HACIENDA DEL CHALÁN, a legally registered company with the Peruvian government, which operates from the office at our ranch located in Paucarbamba – Cusco in Peru.
For more information about terms and conditions CLICK HERE.
BOOK HERE: We highly recommend to book your trip prior to your arrival in Peru.